This soup is a tasty dairy-free version using soya milk. This recipe is helpful for people who may want to manage their diabetes by maintaining a healthy balanced diet.
15g dairy-free spread
1 small onion, finely chopped
125g asparagus, chopped
25g plain flour
450ml vegetable stock
150ml soya milk
freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the spread in a medium pan, add the onion and asparagus and fry for 2–3 minutes until everything begins to soften.
2. Add the flour and cook for a further minute.
3. Gradually, stir in the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until the asparagus is cooked through, and reserve a couple of asparagus spears for serving.
4. Add the milk, bring to almost boiling point, then place in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
5. Season with plenty of black pepper and top with the asparagus spears. Serve with crusty bread or toast.
You can find more recipes to help manage your diet at: https://www.diabetes.org.uk/Guide-to-diabetes/
Recipe kindly provided by Diabetes UK.
For more information on Type 2 diabetes visit https://beta.nhs.uk/conditions/type-2-diabetes/check-if-you-have-it/
For more information on healthy eating visit http://www.nhs.uk/livewell/healthy-eating/Pages/Healthyeating.aspx
Video Rating: / 5